Sunday 10 July 2011

Head Over Heels


After being really impressed with Topshop's lipsticks i decided to try one of their cream blushers. I chose the newest in their collection, head over heels, which is a cute pink blush. It is the lightest pink from the Topshop range, and has a very subtle peach undertone when applied to the skin -


I was initially hesitant, as i wasn't sure how to apply cream blushers, but after playing around with a few different techniques, eventually i found one that works for me -


The box says "dot on cheeks and blend". Using one finger i dotted the blush on the apple of my cheeks & the top of my cheek bone. I then blended it using ELF's studio powder brush, moving it in circular motions up and down my cheek bone, so that the blush distributed evenly.

Cost - £6.00
Packaging - 4/5 (love the mirror, but the white packaging gets dirty looking after being in a makeup bag)
Colour - 4.5/5
Overall Rating - 4.5/5

I would defiantly recommend this product. It's perfect for summer as it can create a dewier finish than powder blushes. I will be trying out a couple other colours soon!

Jen xxx

17 comments:

2 Mates and a Blog said...

Really want to try this it looks gorgeous!!

Dan x

Gaby Fauchon said...

Topshop blushes are just soooo pretty, too bad I can't get my hands on some here ):

Anonymous said...

I never thought to use a brush with creme blushes before! going to have to give this a try!

www.pinksugarnotes.blogspot.com

xxx

Ellie said...

I'm always so reluctant to try cream blushes, but it sounds easier than I thought. I might have to give this a try!

Have a great day!
-Ellie

Temporary:Secretary said...

I've been impressed with topshop make up too - i think i'm going to check this product out next time i'm in the shops. I blogged about the lip polishes last week but it's not so much a review, just pretty pics! x

Tabitha said...

Gorgeous colour! It was sold out in store when i tried to purchase, will have to keep trying!

Ellinor Forje said...

I need to go, no run, and get some new makeup. Lovely shade. Thanks for sharing the photos and feel free to drop by me too, soon.

Unknown said...

love that colour and your post below - all my fave lippies xxxx

Unknown said...

Oh mmyyyy it looks really nice, I've been on the hunt for a new blusher actually so may have to try Topshop ones out :p xxx

Emily said...

I actually really rate Topshop make-up. The colour of this blush really appeals to me, may have to give it a go! xx

Jennifer said...

I've always wanted to try topshop cosmetics their polka dot casings look adorable and that shade is amazingly pretty! I also want to get an elf powder brush, they seem very nice. Ah, I love your blog! It's definitely a favourite of mine! Always so pretty! btw I noticed you like Mumford & Sons they are so good! Have you heard of Angus & Julia Stone? If not I think you will like them too! Their songs are so lovely! & they're aussie :D

s j m w e l l said...

i keep going to buy this but i've never tried cream blushers, might have to finally get it!

having a giveaway on my blog if you wanted to enter :)

www.sjmwelll.blogspot.com

MJ said...

Oooh I need some blusher. I'm terrible at using it!

evie said...

this looks so cute color:)

Phibster said...

Wow, this looks identical to a MAC blush I want. Need to swatch in store ASAP!
BTW found your blog through Lollipop26 and love it!

Anonymous said...

Great idea, I'll be giving it a shot!

Julia @ Retro Jules

Chantelle said...

This colour is so pretty !!