Thursday 31 October 2013

R E V I E W : Loreal Micellar Soloution

There's been a lot of hype over the last year about 'micellar soloutions', and seeing as I have no idea how to pronounce 'micellar' I always wrote them off as something that would be too fancy for me! However, after bioderma seemed to possess everyone on youtube into spending a fortune on what looked like water in a plastic bottle, I began to think that maybe there was more to it. When I saw this Loreal version on offer for less than a fiver in Superdrug, I thought it was about time to educate myself, especially as I've read many posts claiming that this is a high-street alternative that produced the same results.




This specific formula claims to be a '3 in 1 purifying soloution', that dissolves make-up, unclogs pores and tones skin. As you can probably guess by the lack of skin care reviews on this blog, I'm pretty lazy when it comes to skin care, so something that combines 3 different products into one will always appeal to me!


More often than not, I use make-up wipes to take off my make-up, which supposedly spreads excess oil across the face... this product claims to do the opposite (i.e removing the bad oils and cleansing the skin). This would therefor help prevent spots, which is my biggest skin problem!




The texture is completely oil free and literally feels like water. I squirted a small amount onto a cotton pad and started using it to remove my foundation, which it seemed to do really well.  I was cautious to use it on my eyes, as they are extremely sensitive, but after having no reaction to it on my cheeks, I braved it and it worked a treat. Instead of rubbing though, I would recommend pressing the pad over your eye for a few seconds, which will soften your make-up and make it wipe straight off!

There is no smell either, which can often put me off products. Its a really cleaver and simple liquid that does does a great job and actually does what it claims!












It did a good job at removing my make-up and I did feel like it really toned my skin. My face felt lighter and tighter, something that I'm not used to when using a wipe or cleansing milk. So overall, I'm pretty impressed with this product and am going to try and start using it on a regular basis! -- so that's my simple, cut the riff raff review of something I would have never normally tried!

Have any of you tried this or something similar?

1 comment:

Ally said...

Oh I'm very excited to hunt this down! I fall into the lazy pattern of just wiping my makeup off with wipes too haha. I'm glad I've come across your blog! :)

http://lulshorrt.blogspot.com.au