Tuesday 10 March 2015

Weekly Update #1

As you may or may not know, I'm a third year English student and as it stands, i'm only physically in university one day a week. I spend a lot of time reading, as I have to read two novels a week, and applying for jobs... which lets face it, even the most amazing blogger couldn't make seem all that interesting. However, with so much time to kill I figured it might be interesting to post 'weekly updates' showing all the things I've done in my days off. If anything it should motivate me to try and do something interesting that you'll find worth reading!


I've found living on a student budget particularly hard when it comes to food. However, three years of doing so has taught me well. All of these meals have been made with things bought in Aldi, with each costing less than £3 in total. Whoever said student diets are rubbish didn't know where to shop! I might start blogging about meals if any of you would be interested? Let me know in the comments.


I found this cute little mug in Home Bargains for £1 and thought it was a cute little sentiment to give to my other half. He's not a student, so i often feel guilty that I can't keep up with his spending, but little gestures like this just show that it's not all about money.... even if you do get a gorgeous bunch of roses from him now and again. These shoes were a birthday gift from him, which made their debut on a night out this week. Aren't they gorgeous?!

If you like these type of posts,... or want to see something else, let me know!

<3 Jen

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, cool blog, interesting post - added you to my favorites ! Visit my new blog at http://its-dominica.blogspot.co.uk/ whenever you got time !

Unknown said...

I definitely think these types of posts are a fun way to catch up with a blogger and see what's up :) The food looks great, this really proves that you can eat well even on a student budget (I know friends that have been eating cup noodle or pizza for a year)! And I love that mug, so cute!

Kelsey&Kenecha said...

Love the photos, those heels are stunning! :)

Florals&Smiles
Twitter

Unknown said...

I'd deffo be interested in reading more about your recipes - can't believe how tasty & healthy they look despite the low costs! I could do with a few tips :)

Gabby xo

Blog - What She Buys / Instagram / Twitter

Ashley said...

I love the mug you've bought your other half ;) And beetroot salad? Girl after my own heart!

Miranda | Miranda's Notebook said...

Those roses are gorgeous! Your red shoes are just stunning too, and I'm so impressed you've made such delicious looking meals on a tight budget! I'm sure your recipe posts would be great :) xxx

Simply Alexandra // My Favorite Things said...

Oooh I remember school days, so busy! :) I looove this mug and your sweet heels! Thank you for stopping by my blog! XO -Alexandra

Simply Alexandra: My Favorite Things

Unknown said...

ALl the food looks gorgeous :) I am hungry now haha. I am in love with that mug too <3

Hayley @ Tea Party Beauty